POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 13 May 1998 11:53:00
Message: <6jcfln$crg$1@oz.aussie.org>
Mike Weber wrote in message <6jcb49$cju$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>I guess I won't be a part of the project since I have no idea what a IRC
>client is... but I do have a suggestion.

Hey, no reason to stand outside because of that. I have never used IRC
myself too. Once we start using it, everyone will get the help (and the
software) he/she needs.
IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat and is simply a way for (keyboard)
chatting.

>Since this project is the first in
>its kind, I suggest that a short film should be created, 15 minutes or so.

I think there are already many who want to go for something longer. I
personally like Mark's idea of starting two projects: A short 10min thing
immediately as a tryout for our organisation and communication and a little
while later, parallel, the real thing.

>Anyone interested in the project should then create a general storyboard
(or
>storyline or...??) to the newsgroup or website or whatever will be used as
>the central point for the project.  All others involved in the project
>should vote (with a deadline for closing votes) on their preferred story.
>The stoy getting the most votes is the one to use.

That's what I was thinking too: Everyone can submit an idea and a
plot-synopsis and then we all decide in a vote which one we take. And then
the writers go to work turning it into a script...

I hope to hear from you that you want to be with us :-)

Johannes -:- MovieProject Coordinator